Welcome Community Partners!
At UC Merced, Community Engagement is students working with community organizations and agencies in reciprocal partnerships. Where together, we address community identified needs, and demonstrate responsible community participation. It is the creation of positive change.
If you are looking for a way to partner with UC Merced Students, you’ve come to the right place!
We are always excited to develop new partnerships and projects to engage our students with our community! And if you’re not quite sure, we would be happy to talk it through with you.
If you have either a long-term project or a one-time event for which you feel you would like student support, we will most likely be able to help recruit students, or connect you with the appropriate campus center. Please keep in mind the importance of your role as community educator – in other words, the opportunity you have to educate students not only about the benefit of the project for which you are recruiting, but also about the population you serve, and the needs and opportunities for ongoing partnership.
- Community Service and Volunteerism - Addressing the immediate needs of our social and ecological communities (hands-on service).
- Community Building - Building trusting relationships among individuals and groups around issues of common concern.
- Public Education - Drawing attention to, and creating awareness of local, national and global issues.
- Community Development - Identifying or increasing the human or economic assets of a community.
- Voting and Political Participation - Mobilizing influence on public policy through formal political channels.
- Public Scholarship (Community Engaged Scholarship) - Engaging in research that serves the public interest and has community or social benefits.
- Social Entrepreneurship - Using entrepreneurial principles to organize, create and manage a venture to make social change.