UC Merced is proud to be one of 45 colleges and universities in California to be selected as a College Corps campus partner since 2022-23. The #CaliforniansForAll CollegeCorps program is the first state-funded service opportunity for AB540 eligible Dreamers, helping to make college more affordable for thousands of California students by allowing them to receive up to $10,000 towards their education when they commit to serve for a year.
CollegeCorps at UC Merced is managed through the Community Engagement Center and is jointly supported by Federal AmeriCorps funds and the generosity of the state of California and the California Volunteers office.
Three Priority Areas
- K-12 Education
- Climate Action
- Food Insecurity
- Commit to serving 450 hours in person from late August 2024 through June 2025
- Provide meaningful service to your community
- Hands-on, real-world experience and professional skills
- Professional development
- Exposure to skills and collaboration needed for community change
Graduate with Less Debt!
CollegeCorps Fellows receive $10,000 through:
- a $7,000 living stipend paid monthly throughout your active service term
- a $3,000 Education Award upon successful completion of 450 hours
Eligibility to Serve
- Full-Time enrolled undergrad
- Hold a high school diploma or GED
- Complete a National Service Criminal History Check to enroll
- US Citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident of the US (AmeriCorps Track) ~OR~ AB-540 eligible (#Cal4All Track)
Expectations & Requirements
- Serve 450 hours from August - June through an in-person direct community service placement
- Service hours to average 12 - 15 hours/week through the academic year
- Required participation in 3-day orientation (August) and 1.5-day mid-year training in January
- Two six-hour Saturday seminars Fall and Spring semesters
- Participate in 2 – 3 National Days of Service & meet College Corps Fellows from across California
Join our Info Sessions to Learn More & Apply!
The applications for CollegeCorps Fellows are currently closed for the 2022-2023 academic year. Info sessions for interested students will resume in the Spring 2024 semester for students interested in the CollegeCorps Cohort 3 of the 2024-2025 academic year.